Finding A Lawyer

Find a Family Lawyer in Ontario and BC

Whether you’re in Ontario or BC, married or “living common law”, it’s always a good idea to get information from a lawyer who practices family law when you separate and especially before you sign any agreement. I provide the names of a few good lawyers and some referral services below.

Even though I offer free consultations, I can’t promise that the other lawyers on this page do.

Why would I refer people to other lawyers? For one thing, I often have more work than I can handle. For another, not every lawyer is the right fit for every client. For a third, if people have good lawyers, it’s easier for everyone who works in family law so I want people to have good lawyers.

In no particular order, here are a few lawyers that I have met or worked with that are good family law lawyers in Ontario:


If they (and I) are unavailable, you can get a free consultation from a family law lawyer in Ontario by using the Law Society of Upper Canada Lawyer Referral Service. I can’t predict what lawyer you will be referred to though.

For people in BC, you would be well served by:


If you prefer not to use one of those lawyers, the Canadian Bar Association operates a Lawyer Referral Service. The consultations cost $25 plus tax (which seems ridiculous to me, but I don’t control the CBA). I cannot predict what lawyer the CBA will refer you to.

If the information on this site doesn't answer your question, you can book a free, no obligation consultation in Toronto about your divorce and family law rights in Ontario and BC.